After serving at Grace Church for 11 years in south Oklahoma City, Pastor Steven Earp led a small group of people to launch a brand new church that would become Elevate Church OKC.
Elevate Church launched on 9/18/2011. The church almost immediately was averaging around 200 in attendance. Over the next 18 months, that number grew to nearly 300. Over 150 people have come to follow Christ and dozens have been baptized.
Since the beginning, Elevate Church has been filled with “God stories” of how people found Elevate and how their lives were changed as a result. There’s nothing as exciting and being part of something bigger than yourself!
Why Elevate Church?
1) When God Is Elevated, Lives Change!
Jesus is our entire focus! We believe if we lift Him up, others will meet Him.
“And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself.” – Jesus, John 12:32
2) Leaders and Christ followers are hand crafted, not mass produced.
We grow and learn best with friends. Small groups and “coaching” are important to us.
What Does Elevate Church Do?
We keep things very simple around Elevate! Our vision is to do just five things but do them very well:
– Service: High energy, contemporary, casual dress and always a challenging and encouraging message.
– Hospitality: continental style coffee juices and snacks. Easy to find signage.
– Kids: From birth to 6th grade, learning activities that are fun, professional and safe!
– Three semesters each year: Spring, Summer and Fall
– Electives – Choose what interests you: from deep Bible study to outdoor activities or creative groups.
– Groups have between 6 and 20 people in each
– A three week introduction to Christianity and Elevate Church. Learn about the past present and future of Elevate. Hosted the first three Sundays at 11:30am during second service.
– Everyone serving at Elevate in any way is part of the Dream Team. There are many opportunities to make a difference!
– One person helping and encouraging another. Let us find someone you can learn from and someone you can invest in.